Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sept. 2007 Entry

Time to start this up again.

Between the Atomic Grill and The Inn of The Five Graces I've been working 40-50 hour weeks since June. Working nights on weekends, staying in my mother's house, and easing up on my crack habit, I have been able to save up a great deal. Yesterday I deposited money into the bank and I reached my target for saving this summer: $5,000.

This will pay for two important things: my semester at school and a long awaited trip to Latin America. I have been accepted to Middlebury College, a liberal arts college in Vermont. It is a very expensive school but I am getting a decent-sized scholarship (thanks to Shelby Davis, the gentleman who paid for my two years in Hong Kong).

However, I was accepted to Middlebury for the February semester-- so I have some time to kill. This will be accomplished by moving to Antigua Guatemala for a few months to volunteer at an after school program. The situation is ideal because it will be cheap and I will be under the wing of my good friend Sasha, who is from Guatemala.

Well that's it: I know I have been poor at updating this, I am making a list of people to email when I do update my blog (so you don't have to check it all the time). If you want to be on the list tweet me @viacedar.

peace,

Cedar

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well.. it's like I knew!